beth and jaque [try to] talk tech!?

J: What is the best app of your new smart phone --what do you use most and rely on?

B: Two are tied:
1) first is my podcast app because it allows me to search and access pretty much any podcast (current fave is (2 again): 2 dope queens and Politically Reactive.

AND 2) I also love whatsapp because it allows me to communicate with people internationally and is a great free messaging system, .It's outside of the cell phone provider and it keeps you in touch with people all over the world as long as you have wifi  (hi Helga!)

B: You recently got a new  phone? Why and what are the noticeable differences?

J: What a good question. I hope not just for image--wanting not to be the only one pulling out my perfect but old iPhone. BUT I really miss that little and perfect iPhone--the first mobile I really liked. This phone is my enemy . It comes with so much technology--graphics/sound--a computer world of possibilities, and I feel bad falling into some and never going near others. So it is a little guilt machine!

But of course it has a good side--I am very fond of my villagers in Happy Village,, and I like my photo gallery. Likely I'll  end up liking this Samsung thing.
(But oddly I must have resented it from inception because I didn't buy it a case and dropped it several times and cracked the screen several places, all in the first week!

B: Me too.

[She shows shattered screen and J screams in shock.
J shows simple crack across center line on her phone and Beth
inspects and says "it's not cracked--just the glass screen protector."]


This was a 100$ plus convo!! More seriously, a cross generational exchange, even light like this, begins to reveal how we all have different knowledge about and experience with technological devices. These extensions are not generic replacement for nerves and body parts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have we learned about blogging, Facebook, and Cambridge Analytica

I Believe Introductions are in Order : Claire

Hi F! What surprised me most about Blogher 2012?...