Well, I found my way in to post – maybe a metaphor

Well, I found my way in to post – maybe a metaphor here for finding the path! (It had to do with solving a techno glitch, which takes away a bit from the metaphoric punch!)

I just read an interesting article about the ethics of reading a zine, in which girls disclose personal maters–should the reader stay out or wade in? what readers are welcome, and who is intrusive? Isn’t reading/watching another form of exploitation (or, viewed more optimistically, in a reader-friendly way, the reader could claim to be paying attention)? These questions percolate ethics.

Another fascinating strand involves thinking about about Aristotle’s equation of happiness and goodness. Have I got that right, is it Aristotle? Anyhow, if we work with this, it connects to many bloggers’ sense of entitlement when it comes to talking about family life in an open way–writing makes them happy, and as a happier person they function as a better mother and family figure. An ethics of happiness, rather than one based on abstract principles. Have you seen this explored (maybe even old hat)? That there may be an “ethics of happiness” really struck me when I was reading several mommy blogs in which the author’s self-examined about how they spend their time, worrying that writing took them away from active participation in family life–ironic they noted in that family life is their target topic. The upshot was that life should come first, and the writing would follow, the writing expressing the satisfactions and insight of family life. So here is an ethics of happiness–the writers guided by the principle of securing the happiness of all. I should include this link!

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2011/11/mommy-blogger/

Season’s greeting to all and to all a good night for now (just listening to Bowie and Bing do the Little Drummer Boy... Hmmm). A blogger I know sent me an intriguing article called "'Suffused by Feeling and Affect'"–and I suspect that there is much to learn here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have we learned about blogging, Facebook, and Cambridge Analytica

I Believe Introductions are in Order : Claire

Hi F! What surprised me most about Blogher 2012?...