reflectionsonblogher2012

I agree with you Jaque, there wasn’t a lot of content that spoke to me.

I was rather overwhelmed by the consumer/entrepreneurial/monetizing atmosphere and expectation of the conference. I was looking for more dialogue and discussion around the process of making decisions to post what we post, to agree to work with marketing agencies as advertisers or not and the ethical implications of sharing narratives about family and friends on line through social media and the digital world.

I think we were not alone in this perspective, there were other mothers, women and bloggers who were interested in talking about the lack of concern for and, dare I say, disregard for, the feelings and lives of those they blogged about.

I hope we can talk about this more here; I invite others who were at BlogHer12 and others interested in the ethics of mommy blogging to join in our conversation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have we learned about blogging, Facebook, and Cambridge Analytica

I Believe Introductions are in Order : Claire

Hi F! What surprised me most about Blogher 2012?...